Monday, May 4, 2015

Video Art Project: Embrace the Error


The idea behind this assignment was to embrace the error. I got to thinking and I kept drawing up blanks. Honestly this project I started thinking about probably a good 3 weeks ago. I just couldn't figure out what I wanted to do. I finally struck inspiration when I went to golf practice on Friday. It just hit me. Golf. Golf. and more golf. So I made my project about golf. I know many of you don't play golf and don't really understand golf but I tried to make it relatable! I've grown up playing competitive golf. Let me tell you, it is not an easy game regardless of how easy it looks when the pros do it. Even the pros duck hook it or get a quad bogey or hit it out of bounds. Golf is not a game of perfect. Do you know how many times I've had to remind myself of this? You're going to make a mistake. Even if you shot 18 under par, a birdie on every single hole, you would probably say that you missed a putt or you duffed a chip or something!

Therefore, I made this video as an ode to golf almost. Yeah golf can freaking suck some days like every thing in the entire world could just go wrong. You could get a shitty bounce you could be under a tree, blah blah blah. The thing with golf though is that it gives you the opportunity to create something. You could be having the worst round of your life and you could get a birdie or an eagle or a hole in one. Golf is a funny sport. Each hole is a new hole. And so my project is embracing the bad shots because they're going to happen!! Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment