Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Video Games

On a large scale level, all of us have played some type of game. With my generation being defined as millenials, we have grown up in a technologically savvy world. With technology being so readily available, I have had access to many different games. I was definitely a tomboy when I was little and still kind of am. I have an older brother who is about 2 years older than me and I would always try to do everything that he was doing. I've always been competitive and so this got me interesting in a lot of what society would say is "guy stuff".

I'm not sure if Pokémon came out before game cube but I played both. I had every edition of Pokémon and I had a Gameboy and many versions of the handheld devise. I also played on the game cube and we played super smash bros as well as money ball or something. It was actually a really fun game because you would go through different obstacles with your money in this ball thing and you couldn't fall off the obstacle!

Then my brother upgraded to a PlayStation as well as an Xbox. I didn't really play anything on them except I did play dance dance revolution on the PlayStation if that counts as a video game?

As we grew older my brother was always into the war video games because he wanted to go into the army or marines (which he is actually in now!). I wasn't very good at them because I couldn't get my person to look at eye level while also controlling the weapons and such. Also my brother would tell me that we were on the same team and then he would go and kill me!! That did not last for very long to say the least!

Then, in grade school I really got into those online games. I played Neopets and club penguin? I'm not sure what kind of phases that was! I also played this online game called Runescape. My brother introduced me and taught me how to do it. I'm not going to lie, that game took up god knows how many hours of my life. I was completely hooked and was completely addicted to the game!!! It was so bad, I would spend my entire weekends on the internet just building up my skills and money in the game. I even bought memberships so that I could unlock other parts of the game and I just found it to be so fun. In actuality, there were a lot of skills I learned from that game. I'm probably a really efficient typer because I was on that game so much! I also learned a lot about value and bartering. So I did learn things but with hindsight, I spent way too much time on that game that it was so unhealthy!

Temporarily I was introduced to league of legends.... That did not last very long. I mainly just did that because of a guy that I liked. I found it to be confusing and dumb because you had to spend so much time on this "one" mission! It just found it to be too simple honestly. Once high school hit, I had no time to play video games and I moved into watching tv shows and movies more. Now in college, I'm the same way. My video games are over but I still enjoy sci-fi and interactive things once in a while!!

No comments:

Post a Comment